Well, we have finally completed all of our African masks- they just need some lollipop sticks sticking on so we can hold them!
If you would like to make your own African mask you could follow these easy steps;
- Firstly, you need to practice drawing your African mask design and once you have found a design you are really happy with draw the outline of the mask on a strong piece of card.
- Using scissors, carefully, cut eye holes in your mask.
- Then, you will need to paper mache your mask- you can do this by adding tiny strips of newspaper and pasting it on to the card with watered down glue. Make sure you cover all your mask and leave to dry overnight.
- Once dry, you can paint your mask with a base coat- we chose colours like reds and browns because these are the colours original African masks would have. Leave this to dry overnight.
- The next day you can then add fine detail to the mask. When dry stick a lollipop stick to the back and you will have your very own African mask ready for any celebration or dance.